A high-protein predinner snackâ€“like these simple curry-roasted almondsâ€“is a good way to take the edge off your appetite so that you donâ€™t overeat at mealtime.
Yields: Makes 16 servings, 1/4 cup each
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: 5 min
- 2Â cup(s) whole almonds (with skins)
- 2Â teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2Â teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1/2Â teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste (I use Sea Salt for better mineral content)
- 1/4Â teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine almonds, oil, curry powder, salt and cayenne in a small baking pan; toss to coat well. Bake until the almonds are fragrant and lightly toasted, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
If you would like to learn how to make a recipe â€œVeganâ€ healthy, join our classes! Itâ€™s easy, itâ€™s cheap and itâ€™s fun!