From Good Housekeeping
A dijon mustard and sherry vinegar dressing tops this warm lentil salad.
Yields: 4 main-dish servings
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Prep Time: 30 min
- 8Â ounce(s) (1 1/4 cups) French green (de Puy) lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 2Â large stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1Â medium (6 to 8 ounces) onion, finely chopped
- 1Â large carrot, finely chopped
- 2Â clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
- 1Â bay leaf
- 3Â cup(s) water
- 4Â sprig(s) fresh thyme, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 # of White Fish
- 3Â tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2Â cup(s) packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2Â tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar
- 2Â teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- Salt (I use Sea Salt for mineral content)
- In 4-quart saucepan, combine lentils, celery, onion, carrot, garlic, bay leaf, water, and 3 thyme sprigs. Heat to boiling on medium-high. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 25 to 35 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, from remaining thyme sprig, remove leaves and finely chop; discard stem. In medium bowl, combine shrimp, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and chopped thyme. Let stand 15 minutes while lentils simmer. Heat 12-inch skillet on medium-high until very hot. Add fish in single layer and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Turn fish over and cook 2 minutes longer or until fish just turn opaque throughout.
- Drain lentil mixture well and transfer to large bowl. Remove and discard bay leaf and thyme sprigs. Toss lentil mixture with parsley, vinegar, mustard, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Divide salad among serving plates. Top each serving with Fish; garnish with thyme sprigs.
If you would like to learn how to make a recipe â€œVeganâ€ healthy, join our classes! Itâ€™s easy, itâ€™s cheap and itâ€™s fun!