From Good Housekeeping
These delicious breakfast bars are full of old-fashioned, good-for-you oats.
Yields: 24 bars
Total Time: 45 min
Oven Temp: 350
- 1/2Â cup(s) vegetable oil (I use Olive Oil)
- 1/2Â cup(s) honey
- 2Â teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1Â large egg (I use a Vegan Egg Substitute)
- 2Â cup(s) old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 3/4Â cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2Â cup(s) (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/2Â cup(s) sliced almonds
- 1/2Â cup(s) toasted wheat germ
- 1/2Â cup(s) raisins
- 3/4Â teaspoon(s) salt (I use Sea Salt for mineral content)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13â€³ by 9â€³ metal baking pan with nonstick foil (if not using nonstick, lightly grease foil).
- In 2-cup liquid measuring cup, stir oil, honey, vanilla, and egg until mixed. In large bowl, with fork, mix oats, flour, sugar, almonds, wheat germ, raisins, and salt until combined. With rubber spatula, stir honey mixture into oat mixture until blended; scrape into prepared pan. With wet hand, pat oat mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until pale golden around edges. Cool completely in pan on wire rack, about 1 hour.
- When cool, transfer using foil to cutting board. Cut lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 6 pieces. Store in tightly sealed container at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
If you would like to learn how to make a recipe â€œVeganâ€ healthy, join our classes! Itâ€™s easy, itâ€™s cheap and itâ€™s fun!